Toothache is more painful than heartache, that’s what people say. Even though it is true. When feeling toothache we want is the loss of tooth pain because with toothache it will be very disturbing activities that we do even make us unable to sleep. Tooth pain can be overcome with analgesics (painkillers) such as mefenamic acid. But when the pain is gone and the main cause has not been treated, we have to go to the dentist.
The cause of tooth pain can be due to the presence of caries (cavities), dental plaque, tartar, inflammation of the nerve teeth, inflammation of the tissues, inflammation of the gums, inflammation of the mouth, irregular arrangement of teeth, discoloration of teeth, bad breath, etc.
Dental examination should be done at least every 6 months to check our teeth both in a state of illness and not sick because if you have experienced pain and suppose that the cavities are quite severe then it is more difficult and longer handling when we routinely check the teeth and when the hole conditions not yet deep.
Doctors or dentists in carrying out medical practices have obligations:
• provide medical services in accordance with professional standards and standard operating procedures and medical needs of patients
• refer patients to other doctors or dentists who have better skills or abilities, if they are unable to carry out an examination or treatment
• keep everything she knows about patients, even after the patient dies
• conduct emergency assistance on the basis of humanity
• increase knowledge and keep abreast of medical or dental science
Patients, in receiving services in medical practice, have the right:
• get services according to medical needs
• seek the opinion of another doctor or dentist
• refuse medical treatment
• get the contents of the medical record
• those who are certain to get a full explanation of medical actions include:
• diagnosis and procedures for medical treatment
• prognosis of the actions taken.
• risks and complications that may occur
• other alternative actions and risks
• the purpose of the medical action taken