Termites have several unique facts. Now, if you want to find out, just read the discussion about some of the following termite facts that we will share with you in this article. Aside from that, you may call the trusted general contractor company which can repair termite’s damage if your house has been attacked by those pests.
Here are the 5 facts about termites:
1. Queen of Termites A queen of termites can survive for decades, exactly 25 to 50 years. It’s almost the same as human age, right? The queen continues to reproduce for the survival of the colony until the end of its lifetime. A queen of termites can actively produce termite eggs for at least ten years.
2. Termite Queen Can Fly A queen of termites who has just started reproducing can fly using their wings. Usually, queens or termite kings do this to find ‘mate’. After meeting ‘mate’, the king and queen of termites will look for a new place to start reproducing and build their own colony. If you have found ‘home’, both will release their wings and stay in the ‘house’.
3. Spawn in Large Amounts A queen of termites can lay at least 15 to 20 eggs per minute, with a total of about 40,000 termite eggs in one day. You can imagine, if in just one day the queen can produce tens of thousands of eggs, then in one year, the queen of termites can produce up to a dozen million termite eggs.
4. Termites Like Dark Places Yep, termites like a place that is moist and lacks light, because this one living creature does not have the power to survive in a place that is exposed to a lot of light. Even so, termites still have to live with warm temperatures. Therefore, termites often live in wood or soil.
5. Life Since Hundreds of Years Then Termites have lived on earth for almost 130 years. Termites are also descendants of insects that are also ancestors of cockroaches that lived 300 years ago or more precisely in the limestone period. This period is a geological time period that lasted about 70 billion years after the end of the Jurassic period or when dinosaurs still lived on planet Earth.